Zemam's Ethiopian Cuisine
Tucson, AZ 85716
- Hours: Sun., Tue.-Thu. 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m, 5 p.m.-9 p.m., Fri.-Sat. 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., 5 p.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Cuisine: Ethiopian and African
- Meals Served: Lunch and Dinner
- Reservations: Recommended
- Alcohol: BYOB and Corkage Fee . ($1.50 corkage fee)
- Dress Code: Anything Goes
Friendly chef-owner Amanuel Gebremariam was an Ethopian diplomat who came to get a masters degree at UA and stayed to share his mother's (Zemam's) recipes with all us desert rats. Thank heavens. If you've never been to the little house across from El Parador, call a few friends and go now! If you're the kind who doesn't know which fork to use, you're in luck: There are none. Ethiopian cuisine consists of savory and spicy stews, served on injera bread (a kind of large sourdough pancake) and eaten with your hands. Feed a morsel to a companion and say "gersha" (blessing).
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Cozy, Area Classic, Fun And Flirty, and Romantic
- Noise Level
- Catering and Online Menu
- Payment Methods
- Major Credit Cards and Debit Cards
- Cross Streets
- Between Country Club and Tucson Blvd.
- On Site. (not many spaces, but room on the side streets)
- Wheelchair Access